Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Screaming



At any time during the day in my house you may hear screaming. This is a high pitch scream, that I honestly didn't think a small child could make. The high pitch has even made my dog wince. And because of the frequency of the the scream my first reaction is not quick. In fact, today I stood in the middle of the room with my hands over my ears until I felt safe that the scream would not cause any permanent hearing damage before I asked what happened. I have had friends with me when a scream occurs... their face reddens and normally a reaction of this caliber, "Oh, MY! Is she OK? Is something broken? I thought you were headed to the hospital." "Nope" I say and saunter over to my child.


The vehicle of the scream would be Lily or Evie... thank goodness no Rose. (I should note that she is not innocent from the scream. Many times she is the cause for the scream.)


What causes the scream? I have decided to take note of some occurrence to shed a better light on this phenomenon.

*Lily SCREAMS because Rose fell on her neck.

*Evie SCREAMS because she doesn't want Lily to read her a book.

*Evie SCREAMS because she wants chocolate milk.

*Lily SCREAMS because Rose took the blanket.

*Lily SCREAMS because she fell at the pool.

*Lily SCREAMS because she cut her finger at the park.


...the list really goes on and on, as does the SCREAM. The average time for a scream is 35 seconds. The average time to wipe the tears and go onto something new is 5 seconds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny post. Keep em coming.