Monday, August 17, 2009

One Last Hurrah!

Notice Uncle Jim and his "serious ladder golf face" . Not too bad for a man who conducted the science experiment of pulling a hamstring!!!! (Note to all 50 year old men should not do splits and skim board.)

Evie with her usual face...
eating her usual dose of sand. I'm not sure how much sand she consumed this summer.
Pap taking the girls out for a swim. Rose became very fearful of jelly fish this year. Finally the last hour she broke down and boggie boarded. She rocked it too!



This year's group... there will be more next year! (click on this one to see it better)




Last week the girls and I had one last summer trip to the beach. This time we were lucky enough to go to Topsail, a favorite place of my mom, Aunts, and Uncles. We spent three rainy days at the beach, but still had a blast. Honestly, it rained each day we were there for at least 4 hours. Then luckily the sky would clear and we would be blessed with a few hours of beach time. Which in turn meant dinner was always later... but, when at the beach you take your beach time slow.
As always I enjoy being with my Aunts and Uncles they are funny, outspoken, and always real. Each year I know I will be exposed to CNN in the background, thus sometimes sparking a debate about a topic that I will be newly informed. (Yet the men in turn were all watching Ellen one morning. This one I still can't figure out. They said it was on for Rose and Lily.....hmmm) I'll also get to be part of boisterous laughter that could break out at any moment. They all are honestly some of the loudest laughers ever. I also know that some fierce games of ladder golf will be played... complete with boisterous laughter, mouth dropping expletives, and gregarious gestures. All of these things I LOVE.
The only picture I didn't get was Mom playing beer pong.... don't get to crazed the cups were filled with water. It was just about the competition.

1 comment:

Blake said...

We call that game "redneck horseshoes" in TN. You all must be playing the "yuppie" version.