Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Joni and Tim


















I just have to share some pictures from our Spring Break get-a-way to see Tim and Joni. Obviously, we had a blast going to the beach, seeing the sea turtle rescue center, going to the Florida nature preserve, watching the local men fish off the pier, hanging out at the craft fair and feeding fish, swimming in the pool in the backyard, playing at three different parks, looking for stray alligators, watching the girls play with the neighbor kids, and getting lost on my run. (the last was not fun, just noteworthy) But, I have to blog about how energizing it is to be with the Gooley's. We had such a blast being around such a positive and fun couple who have made their marriage work.... and raise 4 terrific men in the process. Watching the two of them be kind and giving to each other throughout the day and listening to their "banter" is something to smile at. They have a certain way of making you feel totally at home and part of them. If you check the pictures out you'll see that Tim would entertain the girls in the evening with some guitar playin'. Rose, of course, was accompanying him on the bongos and bell. I wish I would have gotten a fun picture of Joni with the girls, but she honestly is a ball of energy and we were having so much fun I didn't stop long enough to take a picture.
I won't forget when I first met them about 10 years ago. We had a little cookout on their patio and talked into the evening. I knew exactly why Jack had brought me to FL to visit with them. This time we got to sit and have another cookout... a little more chaos with three children, but still enjoying their insights.
They are quickly approaching their next big adventure: adopting three children from Ethiopia. After you finish reading this please say a prayer for them as they begin this new chapter in their lives. I know they will embrace and love these children like no other couple could... and I'm looking forward to learning more from them.








The bongos were a huge hit with the girls. Lily wanted Evie to get in on the action... and Rose, well she was wide open!

1 comment:

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

Wow - sounds like a great trip and a great family to spend it with. I'd love to hear more about their adoption adventure!