Friday, May 2, 2008

Smurfs




While spending the afternoon outside my girls were innovative. Yes, innovative. I was busy pulling a myriad of weeds from the planting beds and the girls were at work. It honestly was great. Every now and then I would holler asking if everything was alright, and I was always returned with a "yes, mom". So, I was productive and got to work in the yard: two of my favorite things to do.
After thirty minutes I decide that I should physically look in on the girls, and yes this is what I saw. Lily a little smurfette and Rose was admiring her handy work. "Look mom, Lily is Blue!" "Yes, Rose she is...let me get the camera!" So we snapped pictures and Lily danced around for awhile (notice the blue footprints) until it was time to bathe.
It's funny when children are left to play they will be children. A bucket of chalk, a little water, and two sisters can turn into some serious fun. I know it was a mess, but with the next rain it was all washed away. And to quote Cyndi Lauper, "Girls just want to have fun... ohhh, Girls just want to have fu-un!"

No comments: